Advani to meet Murphy in Welsh Open
If Pankaj Advani manages to beat Murphy, then he'll become the first Indian cueist to enter the pre-quarter finals.
New Delhi: Eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani, who became only the second Indian cueist to qualify for the main draw of the BetVictor Welsh Open Pro Snooker Series, will take on former world champion England's Shaun Murphy in the Round of 32 at Newport, Wales.
Murphy scored a 4-2 win over Thepchiaya Un-Nooh in the qualifying finals to set up a match with Advani at the Newport Centre. Advani had, on his part, defeated former world champion Peter Ebdon 4-3 in a nail-biting encounter on Sunday to enter the draw of 32 in Sheffield.
If the 27-year-old Bangalorean cueist manages to beat Murphy, then he'll become the first Indian cueist to enter the pre-quarter finals.
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies
- US Lawmakers Support India's Counter-Terror Operations in PoK