Advani to meet Murphy in Welsh Open
If Pankaj Advani manages to beat Murphy, then he'll become the first Indian cueist to enter the pre-quarter finals.
New Delhi: Eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani, who became only the second Indian cueist to qualify for the main draw of the BetVictor Welsh Open Pro Snooker Series, will take on former world champion England's Shaun Murphy in the Round of 32 at Newport, Wales.
Murphy scored a 4-2 win over Thepchiaya Un-Nooh in the qualifying finals to set up a match with Advani at the Newport Centre. Advani had, on his part, defeated former world champion Peter Ebdon 4-3 in a nail-biting encounter on Sunday to enter the draw of 32 in Sheffield.
If the 27-year-old Bangalorean cueist manages to beat Murphy, then he'll become the first Indian cueist to enter the pre-quarter finals.
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh