Advani to meet Murphy in Welsh Open
If Pankaj Advani manages to beat Murphy, then he'll become the first Indian cueist to enter the pre-quarter finals.
New Delhi: Eight-time world champion Pankaj Advani, who became only the second Indian cueist to qualify for the main draw of the BetVictor Welsh Open Pro Snooker Series, will take on former world champion England's Shaun Murphy in the Round of 32 at Newport, Wales.
Murphy scored a 4-2 win over Thepchiaya Un-Nooh in the qualifying finals to set up a match with Advani at the Newport Centre. Advani had, on his part, defeated former world champion Peter Ebdon 4-3 in a nail-biting encounter on Sunday to enter the draw of 32 in Sheffield.
If the 27-year-old Bangalorean cueist manages to beat Murphy, then he'll become the first Indian cueist to enter the pre-quarter finals.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology