Aero India show begins today in Bangalore, US again lead exhibitor
France will be putting on an aerial display of its Rafale fighter while Russia hopes to recover lost ground with the fifth generation fighter.
New Delhi: India's premier airshow Aero India opens in Bangalore on Wednesday with the world's aerospace majors in attendance.
Although big ticket aircraft deals are done or in process, India still offers a lucrative market for makers of helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles and air defence systems.
The US is again the lead exhibitor with more than 60 firms from the US including Boeing and Lockheed will display their wares. France will be putting on an aerial display of its Rafale fighter while Russia hopes to recover lost ground with the fifth generation fighter.
The show is expected to send a strong message to foreign vendors on technology transfer and offsets and will also showcase indigenous success stories such as the armed light helicopter Rudra and the early warning radar on an Embraer aircraft.
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats for Women's Rights, Wants Practice of Triple Talaq to go
- Akhilesh Fantastic CM but Needs Time to Be Mass Leader: Amar Singh
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure