Afghan girl beheaded after rejecting marriage proposal
In 2012, Afghanistan's Independent Human Rights Commission recorded 16 incidents of honour killings in March and April alone.
London: A 15-year-old girl in Afghanistan was beheaded by a relative after she and her family turned down a man's marriage proposal, a British daily reported. The victim named Gisa was decapitated with a knife in Imam Sahib district of Kunduz province, police told the Daily Mail.
Police said two men, Sadeq and Massoud, were arrested after the murder. They are close relatives of the victim and live in the same village. Police said the men wanted to marry the girl, but their advances were turned down by the victim's father.
The girl was attacked when she was returning to her home in Kulkul village after going out to collect water from a well, the daily said. It was, however, not clear which of the two men killed the girl.
Her father said he had not wanted his daughter to get married because she was too young.
In 2012, the country's Independent Human Rights Commission recorded 16 incidents of honour killings in March and April alone, the first two months of the Afghan new year.
In July, a spate of brutal killings left four women and two children dead.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show