Afghan teenager fatally stabs US soldier
Sergeant Michael Cable, 26, was guarding a meeting of Afghan and US officials in Nangarhar province when the stabbing occurred.
Kabul: Senior US military officials said an Afghan teenager had killed an American soldier in eastern Afghanistan by stabbing him in the neck. Two officials said on Monday that Sergeant Michael Cable, 26, was guarding a meeting of Afghan and US officials in Nangarhar province when the stabbing occurred.
One of the officials estimated the attacker was 16 years old, but he escaped so the age couldn't be verified. The official said the youth was not believed to be from the Afghan security forces so the Wednesday stabbing is not being classified as an insider attack.
Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. The Pentagon said in a statement last week that Cable died from injuries sustained when his unit was attacked by enemy forces.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- CASH CRUNCHIPTL 2016: Demonetisation Hits League, No Federer, Williams This Season
- RIPJayalalithaa the Actor: Films That Mirrored Her Versatility