Afghan teenager fatally stabs US soldier
Sergeant Michael Cable, 26, was guarding a meeting of Afghan and US officials in Nangarhar province when the stabbing occurred.
Kabul: Senior US military officials said an Afghan teenager had killed an American soldier in eastern Afghanistan by stabbing him in the neck. Two officials said on Monday that Sergeant Michael Cable, 26, was guarding a meeting of Afghan and US officials in Nangarhar province when the stabbing occurred.
One of the officials estimated the attacker was 16 years old, but he escaped so the age couldn't be verified. The official said the youth was not believed to be from the Afghan security forces so the Wednesday stabbing is not being classified as an insider attack.
Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. The Pentagon said in a statement last week that Cable died from injuries sustained when his unit was attacked by enemy forces.
Recommended For You
- Kaabil to Saawariya: Films That Clashed With SRK Starrers And Failed
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Bibi Russell's Tryst With Fashion: For, With and By Craftspeople
- Virat Kohli Picks Out Cheteshwar Pujara for Special Praise
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia