Afghanistan: Motorcycle bomb at market kills 3
A police spokesman says four children were among the wounded and two of them are in critical condition.
Kabul: An Afghan official says a bomb hidden in a parked motorcycle has ripped through a crowded bazaar in a remote region of the southern Helmand province on Tuesday, killing at least three people and wounding seven. Omer Zawak, the spokesman for the provincial governor, says the explosion occurred today at the market in the village of Safar.
Safar is located 70 kilometers (42 miles) from the district centre of Garamser in the volatile province, where insurgents routinely stage deadly attacks. A police spokesman, Shah Mahmood Hashna, says four children were among the wounded and two of them are in critical condition.
Zawak says he fears the toll could rise as it is the day residents of the area hold their weekly bazaar.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines