After cellphones, banks on number portability
CHENNAI: Transfer of deposit accounts from one branch to another branch via Indian Bank will now be more conventient, courtesy an ..
CHENNAI: Transfer of deposit accounts from one branch to another branch via Indian Bank will now be more conventient, courtesy an easy-to-use account portability system. This will enable the customer operate his/her account from any of the branches to any of the desired branches any number of times, without a change in the account number. This will only require a change in the Home Branch code.
Customers can approach either their home branch or the branch they wish to transfer their account to, with a request letter for a transfer of account.
Supporting documents for the change in address, contact number and the like should be given to the transferee branch by the customer before requesting for a fresh cheque book. Existing unused cheque leaves have to be surrendered to the home branch. Following this, a fresh cheque book will be issued at the transferee branch.
Account portability is done in the system within minutes and is hassle-free
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines