After SMSes, Tamil Nadu women see red in mehendi
The SMSes said that women who had applied mehendi or henna had developed severe itching and allergy.
Chennai: Rumour mills are working overtime these days on mobile phones and social media. They are targeting women in some parts of Tamil Nadu to make them see red in mehendi or henna.
According to police, some SMSes created panic among a section of Muslim women in the leather belt of Ambur and Vaniambadi areas in Vellore district. The SMSes said that women who had applied mehendi or henna had developed severe itching and allergy.
Following the SMSes, a few shops selling the product were ransacked by miscreants.
Chennai Police Commissioner JK Tripathy has warned of strong action against rumour mongers, while urging people not to believe such SMSes.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner