After the slap Bhajji had another go at Sreesanth
Teammates and security intervened before the episode turned ugly.
New Delhi: The April 25 slapgate involving Harbhajan Singh and S Sreesanth threatened to turn uglier before teammates and security guards separated the volatile cricketers from a fisticuff.
After Harbhajan slapped Sreesanth, said a news channel, the standoff prolonged for a few minutes which saw the off-spinner, banned for the rest of the Indian Premier League (IPL), having another go at the pacer, nudging and abusing him.
According to the channel, which claimed to have had a look at the video footage, Harbhajan had another go at Sreesanth after he had slapped him while shaking hands with rival players after the match.
Sreesanth, on his part, was not ready to take it lying down and he too lunged at Harbhajan before teammates held him back.
The slapping cost Harbhajan nearly Rs 3 crore in fine and saw him being banned from the remainder of the ongoing IPL while Sreesanth was let off with a warning by Match Referee Farokh Engineer.
Harbhajan faces further punishment from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) which has appointed Advocate Sudhir Nanavati as Commissioner to probe the incident and submit his report to BCCI President Sharad Pawar.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines