After the slap Bhajji had another go at Sreesanth
Teammates and security intervened before the episode turned ugly.
New Delhi: The April 25 slapgate involving Harbhajan Singh and S Sreesanth threatened to turn uglier before teammates and security guards separated the volatile cricketers from a fisticuff.
After Harbhajan slapped Sreesanth, said a news channel, the standoff prolonged for a few minutes which saw the off-spinner, banned for the rest of the Indian Premier League (IPL), having another go at the pacer, nudging and abusing him.
According to the channel, which claimed to have had a look at the video footage, Harbhajan had another go at Sreesanth after he had slapped him while shaking hands with rival players after the match.
Sreesanth, on his part, was not ready to take it lying down and he too lunged at Harbhajan before teammates held him back.
The slapping cost Harbhajan nearly Rs 3 crore in fine and saw him being banned from the remainder of the ongoing IPL while Sreesanth was let off with a warning by Match Referee Farokh Engineer.
Harbhajan faces further punishment from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) which has appointed Advocate Sudhir Nanavati as Commissioner to probe the incident and submit his report to BCCI President Sharad Pawar.
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- India Sabotaging Peace In The Region: Pakistan
- India identifies five terror camps across LoC
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- Watch: Build- Up To The Surgical Strike Across LoC
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18