After the success of YJHD, Deepika says 'no' to 'Roy' opposite Ranbir
There was a buzz that Deepika Padukone would feature opposite Ranbir Kapoor in Bhushan Kumar's next.
Mumbai: Although there was a buzz that actress Deepika Padukone would feature opposite Ranbir Kapoor in producer Bhushan Kumar's tentatively titled film 'Roy', the actress has not signed the movie.
Deepika and Ranbir had teamed up for their latest film 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani'.
"If I am letting go of a movie, there might be other reasons. If I really like a script, the producer and I can always work around the dates. I have taken up only as much work as I can accommodate," Deepika said in a statement here today.
The film directed by Vikram Singh stars Jacqueline Fernandez in a double role.
The actress says her family has been supportive. "I always said they are my strength. They know that I am extremely busy and have no time to spend with them. But they have never complained...they understand," she said.
Deepika says that due to her film commitments, she does not get time to spend with her family. Therefore, she now plans to take a break and enjoy the holidays with her father, well-known badminton player Prakash Padukone, mother Ujjala and sister Anisha.
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension