DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Poll posturing: Digvijay says Cong okay with hanging Afzal
Accused in Parliament attack case, Afzal's mercy petition lies with President.
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday said his party would have no problem if Afzal Guru, who has been sentenced to death in connection with the Parliament attack, was hanged.
"The Congress is not in the business of defending Afzal Guru or any other terrorist in the country...our party cannot have any problem if the punishment given to any terrorist was carried out," Singh told PTI.
Guru has been sentenced to death but he has not been hanged as his mercy petition is still pending with the President.
The Congress leader said his party would like to ask the BJP's prime ministerial candidate L K Advani, who was the home minister during the six-year NDA rule, as to why he did not decide on a single mercy petition during that period.
"The mercy petitions on which Advani did not take any decision during his tenure as home minister includes the petitions of the killers of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi," he said.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes