DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Be proud of my sacrifice, Afzal wrote in his last letter
The government has received sharp criticism for not informing Afzal's family about the execution.
New Delhi: Amid clamour for Afzal Guru's body to be returned to his family, new details has emerged of the Parliament attack convict's last moments in the jail. CNN-IBN has accessed the final letter which Afzal wrote to his family minutes before he was executed.
In the eight line letter Afzal asked his family to not feel a sense of loss and asked them to feel proud of his sacrifice. The letter written in Urdu was released by his family on Sunday evening.
The government has received sharp criticism including that from Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for not informing Afzal's family about the execution.
The letter sent by the government informing Afzal's family through speed post had reached the family only after the execution.
In the letter which was written at 6.25 am on February 9. "Allah is ally and protector," were the closing words of the letter penned by Afzal. Just before Afzal was to be hanged he had asked for a pen and paper to write the letter to his wife.
With additional information from PTI
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia