DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Afzal Guru hanged: Curfew re-imposed in Kashmir
The faction of Hurriyat Conference headed by SAS Geelani has called for a march to Eidgah graveyard in the memory of Afzal on Friday.
Srinagar: Authorities on Thursday re-imposed curfew in Kashmir to foil any plans of separatist groups to stage a march to Eidgah graveyard in memory of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru. Police vehicles fitted with public address systems announced the imposition of curfew and asked people not to venture out of their homes.
A police spokesman said the curfew has been clamped as a precautionary measure to maintain law and order. The hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference headed by Syed Ali Shah Geelani has called for march to Eidgah graveyard in the memory of Guru on Friday.
Curfew was relaxed in many parts of the Valley this morning as the region had started limping back to normalcy. Curfew was imposed across Kashmir Valley on Saturday following hanging of Guru inside Tihar Jail in Delhi.
Three persons died and over 50 others were injured in clashes between protesters and security forces during protests against Guru's execution.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs