Afzal Guru hanged: Man injured during protests in J&K dies
Ubaid Mushtaq was injured allegedly in firing by security forces at Watergam village in Baramulla district.
Srinagar: A man injured allegedly during security forces action against persons staging protest against hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru died on Monday. Ubaid Mushtaq, who was injured allegedly in firing by security forces at Watergam village in Baramulla district, succumbed to injuries at 3:00 am, Medical Superintendent of SKIMS Hospital Aijaz Mustafa said.
He said the other injured youth - Sajad Ahmad, who was hit by a bullet in the head - is on life support system. A youth had also drowned in central Kashmir Ganderbal district on Sunday while allegedly being chased away by security forces during a protest against Afzal's hanging.
However, a police spokesman denied the allegation, saying the youth drowned after a boat capsized in the river. So far, 50 persons, including 23 policemen, have been injured in protests across the Valley in the wake of hanging of the Parliament attack convict.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology