Afzal Guru hanged: Man injured during protests in J&K dies
Ubaid Mushtaq was injured allegedly in firing by security forces at Watergam village in Baramulla district.
Srinagar: A man injured allegedly during security forces action against persons staging protest against hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru died on Monday. Ubaid Mushtaq, who was injured allegedly in firing by security forces at Watergam village in Baramulla district, succumbed to injuries at 3:00 am, Medical Superintendent of SKIMS Hospital Aijaz Mustafa said.
He said the other injured youth - Sajad Ahmad, who was hit by a bullet in the head - is on life support system. A youth had also drowned in central Kashmir Ganderbal district on Sunday while allegedly being chased away by security forces during a protest against Afzal's hanging.
However, a police spokesman denied the allegation, saying the youth drowned after a boat capsized in the river. So far, 50 persons, including 23 policemen, have been injured in protests across the Valley in the wake of hanging of the Parliament attack convict.
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham