Afzal Guru's family informed about execution through speed post: Home Secretary
In the wake of Afzal Guru's hanging, the Jammu and Kashmir government is taking all necessary preventive measures to maintain peace.
New Delhi: The family of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru has been informed about his hanging by the Tihar authorities through Speed Post and the J&K government was taken into confidence before his execution, the Centre said on Saturday.
"They (Tihar jail authorities) intimated the family through Speed Post, registered post and the DG (Director General of Jammu and Kashmir Police) has been told to check with the family whether they got it or not," Union Home Secretary RK Singh told reporters.
Singh said the J&K government has been taken into confidence before Guru's hanging early on Saturday. In the wake of Afzal Guru's hanging, the Jammu and Kashmir government is taking all necessary preventive measures to maintain peace there but the government is not apprehending any trouble in rest of the country.
"We are not having any apprehension anywhere in the country. In Jammu and Kashmir, the state government is taking steps. We are in touch with them," the Home Secretary said. Without giving details, Singh said security has been intensified in some areas.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- BSF Seizes Gold Bars, One Bangaladeshi National Arrested
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan