DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Afzal hanging: Curfew lifted in some areas of Srinagar
Curfew was imposed on Feb 9 following hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru inside Tihar jail in Delhi.
Srinagar: Curfew was lifted from three police station areas in the city while it was relaxed "indefinitely" in five other police station areas even as rest of Kashmir Valley remained under restrictions for the fifth consecutive day on February 13. "Curfew has been lifted from Nigeen, Lal Bazaar and Zakura police station areas in the city," a police spokesman said.
He said curfew has been relaxed "indefinitely" in police stations Ram Munshi bagh, Kothibagh, Saddar, Rajbagh and Shergarhi.
"Restrictions will not be imposed in these areas if the situation remains peaceful," he said.
Authorities had relaxed curfew for three hours in these five police station areas last evening and the relaxation period passed off without any untoward incident.
However, the rest of the Valley remained under curfew for the fifth consecutive day. Curfew was imposed on February 9 following hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru inside Tihar jail in Delhi.
The police spokesman said there were no reports of any untoward incident from anywhere in the Valley so far.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande