Afzal hanging: We salute law of land, says Amitabh Bachchan
On the sidelines of a function in Mumbai, the actor said that everyone should abide by the law of the land.
Mumbai: Saluting the Indian law over Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru hanging, actor Amitabh Bachchan on Saturday said the law should be followed and respected by one and all. "We all should follow the law. Whatever India has done, has been done within the ambit of the law," Bachchan said.
"Whoever is guilty, even if it is me...we all should abide by the law of the country," he said. "The country has fully investigated this (case). We salute the law of the land," Bachchan said.
Afzal Guru, who was convicted for his role in the attack on Parliament in 2001, was hanged on Saturday morning at Tihar Jail in New Delhi. Bachchan was talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function in Mumbai.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology