Afzal hanging: We salute law of land, says Amitabh Bachchan
On the sidelines of a function in Mumbai, the actor said that everyone should abide by the law of the land.
Mumbai: Saluting the Indian law over Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru hanging, actor Amitabh Bachchan on Saturday said the law should be followed and respected by one and all. "We all should follow the law. Whatever India has done, has been done within the ambit of the law," Bachchan said.
"Whoever is guilty, even if it is me...we all should abide by the law of the country," he said. "The country has fully investigated this (case). We salute the law of the land," Bachchan said.
Afzal Guru, who was convicted for his role in the attack on Parliament in 2001, was hanged on Saturday morning at Tihar Jail in New Delhi. Bachchan was talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function in Mumbai.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18