Afzal requested family not to mourn his demise in final letter
The family released the letter written in Urdu on Sunday through email to media offices and on social networking sites.
Srinagar: Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru had no remorse at the time of execution and he had asked his family not to mourn his death and respect the "stature" he has achieved. "My request to the family is not to regret (mourn) my end but they should respect this stature," Afzal said in the eight-line letter written shortly before his execution.
The family released the letter written in Urdu on Sunday evening through email to media offices and on social networking sites. "Million thanks to Allah that He chose me for this place (martyrdom). Congratulations to the believers that we remained with truth all the time and my end came for truth," Guru said.
in the letter which was written at 6.25 am on February 9. "Allah is ally and protector," were the closing words of the letter penned by Afzal. Just before Afzal was to be hanged he had asked for a pen and paper to write the letter to his wife.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Justice League Trailer Shows The United Powers of All Our Favourites From DC Universe
- Alia Bhatt- Sidharth Malhotra Seen Hand- In-Hand At a Fashion Event
- Gionee A1 Review: A Phone That's Custom Made For Selfie Lovers