Afzal's last letter delivered at his residence: J&K chief postmaster
However, Guru's cousin Mohammad Yasin denied the family had received any letter by post on Tuesday.
Srinagar: Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru's last letter to his family was delivered at his Sopore residence in North Kashmir, Chief Post Master General, Jammu and Kashmir, John Samuel said on Tuesday night.
"The letter which was booked in Delhi at 4 PM yesterday was delivered at around 5:30 PM today," Samuel told PTI.
He said the letter was delivered by the postal staff despite tension in Guru's hometown.
However, Guru's cousin Mohammad Yasin denied the family had received any letter by post on Tuesday. Guru had written a letter to his wife hours before he was executed on Saturday morning in the high-security Tihar jail.
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check