DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Aggressive game helped me beat Errani: Sharapova
Sharapova emerged victorious by a score of 6-3, 6-2 against Errani.
Istanbul: Aggression powered Maria Sharapova to victory over Italy's Sara Errani in her opening match at the USD 4.9 million WTA championships here, the Russian said.
In a repeat of their only previous meeting in June's French Open final, Sharapova emerged victorious by a score of 6-3, 6-2 against Errani on Tuesday.
Cautious play allowed Errani to control the start of the match, when the first four games all went with serve, Sharapova said.
"It was a slow start. I gave Sara a lot of time, and that's what she likes," the world No.2 said on the WTA website.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi