Aggressive game helped me beat Errani: Sharapova
Sharapova emerged victorious by a score of 6-3, 6-2 against Errani.
Istanbul: Aggression powered Maria Sharapova to victory over Italy's Sara Errani in her opening match at the USD 4.9 million WTA championships here, the Russian said.
In a repeat of their only previous meeting in June's French Open final, Sharapova emerged victorious by a score of 6-3, 6-2 against Errani on Tuesday.
Cautious play allowed Errani to control the start of the match, when the first four games all went with serve, Sharapova said.
"It was a slow start. I gave Sara a lot of time, and that's what she likes," the world No.2 said on the WTA website.
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says An Emotional Shivpal
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18