Agni-V to be the star attraction at Republic Day parade
The Agni-V missile is an advanced long range surface to surface ballistic missile capable of being launched within minutes.
New Delhi: Long Range Ballistic Missile Agni-V and Airborne Early Warning and Control System will be some of the major attractions of the DRDO tableau during the Republic Day parade. DRDO had successfully test fired the Agni-5 in April last year and had entered the elite club of nations to possess the capability.
"DRDO contingent consists of Agni-V missile, Armoured Amphibious Dozer (AAD) and two tableau, one depicting the Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) System and the other one depicting advanced Sonars developed for the Indian Navy," a DRDO release said on Tuesday.
The contingent will be led by Lt Colonel Jagvir Singh Jaglan who is presently posted at Vehicle Research and Development Laboratory, Ahmednagar. Lt Col Jaglan was commissioned from the Officers Training Academy (OTA) in Mar 1995 and belongs to the Corps of Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (EME).
The Agni-V missile is an advanced long range surface to surface ballistic missile capable of being launched within minutes, from a self-contained road mobile launcher, to deliver payloads to distances in excess of 5000 km, the release said.
Armoured Amphibious Dozer is an indigenously developed versatile combat engineer support equipment with excellent earth moving and amphibious capabilities in varied terrain, it added.
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together, Says PM Modi
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs