DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
British lady jumps from hotel to escape sexual assault
Some local residents saw her jumping out of the window and took her to a hospital where she narrated her ordeal to the police.
Agra: A British female tourist jumped from the second floor of a hotel in Agra on to escape an alleged sexual assault. The alleged incident took place on Tuesday at a hotel in Agra's cantonment area and the woman has been admitted to a hospital in a serious condition.
The tourist jumped out of second floor of the hotel room window to escape the assault. Some local residents saw her jumping out of the window and took her to a hospital where she narrated her ordeal to the police.
Police have arrested the hotel owner Sachin Chauhan.
The incident comes just a few days after a Swiss tourist was allegedly gangraped in front of her husband on the outskirts of village Jhadia in the Datia district, Madhya Pradesh.
The woman had camped in a forested area when seven men attacked the couple, beat up the man, stole their belongings and raped the woman.
These recent incidents of attacks on tourists are bound to impact India's hospitality and tourism sector, which the government is so keenly trying to promote under the Incredible India campaign.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users