Agra tourists get their daily dose of cultural treat
Tourists to Agra will get daily dose of cultural treat in an effort to showcase the "pristine art forms" of India.
Agra: Tourists to Agra will get a daily dose of cultural treat in an effort to showcase the "pristine art forms" of India to both Indians and foreigners. "India is the land of pristine art forms, but unfortunately the country does not have a platform to showcase the cultural treasure to the keen tourists who flock here. But the gap will be bridged now, said Ashok Jain, Agra's tourism industry leader. "We are now going to bridge this gap. Every afternoon before lunch, a bouquet of Indian classical dances by best artistes from each region would be presented at the Kalakriti International Auditorium," Jain told IANS.
From Kathak to Manipuri dance forms, the event will showcase the dazzle and glitter of traditional costumery. "The visitor will return with a fragrance of India and I am sure it will be quite different from the spurious cultural expositions that we have in the name of culture and art in many parts of our country," said Jain. The 90-minute show will round up with the traditional Indian lunch, provided by Gateway Hotels.
Kalakriti's unique audio-visual presentation 'Mohabbat the Taj', a combination of high-end electronic gadgetry and live acting and dance inputs by more than 60 professional artistes, is already a hit with foreign visitors. "From one we now have two shows in the evening. One of the general complaints we heard earlier that tourists had nothing in the name of entertainment to look forward to in Agra if they chose to spend the night here, but now with our show at the international class auditorium, this gap has been largely filled," said Yashwant, the project manager.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- India Sabotaging Peace In The Region: Pakistan
- India identifies five terror camps across LoC
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- Watch: Build- Up To The Surgical Strike Across LoC
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18