Chopper deal: Ex-Finmeccanica CEO questioned in Italy
Orsi was arrested on February 12 on charges of bribery in the Rs 3600 crore helicopter deal with India.
New Delhi: Former Finmeccanica Chief Executive Giuseppe Orsi was questioned in Italy on Wednesday for his role in the tainted AgustaWestland chopper deal. Orsi was arrested on February 12 on charges of bribery in the Rs 3600 crore helicopter deal with India.
Orsi was questioned in a courthouse in Italy's Busto Arsizio city. Orsi's lawyer, while applying for bail for his client, had said the case against Orsi was based on false information. "There is no proof to show any payments were made to anybody in India, including the Tyagis," he added.
Meanwhile, a preliminary enquiry (PE) has been registered by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the Rs 3,600 crore AgustaWestland 101 helicopter deal. Former Indian Air Force Chief Air Chief Marshal (retd) SP Tyagi and his cousins Julie Tyagi and Dosca Tyagi have been named in the CBI PE.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion