AIADMK slams UPA for 'step-motherly attitude' towards TN
It adopted a resolution saying the Centre's steps such as not consulting states on forming the National Counter Terrorism Centre.
Chennai: Ruling AIADMK on Saturday accused the UPA government of having "step-motherly attitude" towards Tamil Nadu and acting in ways affecting federalism. The party Executive which met under its presidium chairman E Madhusudhanan and in the presence of the AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa "condemned" the Centre for acting in ways affecting the federalism.
It adopted a resolution saying the Centre's steps such as not consulting states on forming the National Counter Terrorism Centre, "hampering" the effective PDS in the state by trying to enact the Food Security Bill, decontrol of sugar sector and increasing price of diesel which was being used for public transport amounted to "harming" federalism. It "condemned" the Centre for its "step-motherly attitude" towards Tamil Nadu on issues like not granting Digital Addressable System licence for state-run Arasu Cable TV, failing to pull up Sri Lanka for its navy's attacks on Indian fishermen from the state and not heeding the state's demand for relief on account of damage caused by cyclones Thane and Nilam.
"This Executive condemns the step-motherly attitude (on issues like) not allowing (Jayalalitha) enough time to highlight the state's grievances at the National Development Council; not providing adequate power from Central grid; not acting in favour of Sri Lankan Tamils and other partisan activities of Centre," the Executive resolved. Further, the party resolved to work towards winning all the 40 Lok Sabha seats (39 in TN and one in Puduchery) so as to ensure a strong and powerful India and extend the benefits given to people of Tamil Nadu elsewhere in the country. For this "it is necessary that the Chief Minister Amma (Mother, as Jayalalithaa is addressed) leads the nation," it said.
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- Akhilesh Yadav Downplays Samajwadi Party Feud, To Focus on Polls