AIIMS doctors bid final adieu to Baby Falak
Baby Falak, who was recuperating at the AIIMS Trauma Centre, passed away on Thursday night after a fatal cardiac arrest.
New Delhi: The body of two-year-old Falak, whose struggle for survival was closely followed by countless well-wishers, was on Friday handed over to her mother by AIIMS doctors who had attended on the baby for 58 days.
Baby Falak, who was recuperating at the AIIMS Trauma Centre for over a month following fatal injuries, passed away on Thursday night after suffering a fatal cardiac arrest.
Deepak Agrawal, Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at the AIIMS Trauma Centre who has been attending on her from the day she was admitted there, said, "Since hers (Falak) was a medico-legal case, a postmortem was conducted. The cardiac arrest happened due to due cardiac arrhythmia, a disorder of the heart rate when the heart beats too quickly.
"It happened all of a sudden. She was sleeping in her bed when the cardiac arrest occurred." "Her mother had come over and was handed over the body at around 4.30 PM. They then left the premises for the cremation," he said.
The abandoned baby, who was admitted to the AIIMS on January 18 with severe head injuries, broken arms, bite marks all over her body and cheeks branded with hot iron, breathed her last at 9.40 PM, doctors said.
The ordeal suffered by her not only shook the country but people outside were equally moved. Doctors at AIIMS had received more than 50 emails from resident of outside countries requesting to adopt her, if possible.
During her treatment earlier, Falak had contracted meningitis and underwent five surgeries. She had also suffered two heart attacks.
"But she had survived all this and had recovered well. We have kept some tissues for conducting some biopsies," Agrawal said.
Falak was brought to the hospital on January 18 by a teenage girl who had falsely claimed to be her mother.
Investigations revealed the shocking story of Falak, her two siblings and their mother who were all separated after falling victim to human traffickers.
On February 15, Falak was reunited with her 22-year-old mother Munni, who was married to a man in Rajasthan.
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- India Accounts for 75% of Casualties Due to Air Pollution: WHO
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
From Our Network
- What ails Amma? Medical all-clear fails to end guessing job over Jayalalithaa's health- FirstPost
- JD(U) leader Sanjay Jha comes out in Arun Jaitley's defense, rules out his involvement in DDCA scam - Pradesh18
- Dadri lynching: Police find no evidence of cow slaughter by Akhlaq family, to file closure report - Pradesh18