Air India Flight Overshoots Runway at Pune Airport
As many as 152 passengers on board an Air India aircraft on Friday had a close shave after the plane overshot the runway after landing at the Pune airport.
Image for representational purpose only.
New Delhi: As many as 152 passengers on board an Air India aircraft on Friday had a close shave after the plane overshot the runway after landing at the Pune airport.
Following the incident involving the flight AI 849, which flew from Delhi, the runway was closed for a brief while.
— Air India (@airindiain) May 12, 2017
An Air India spokesperson said the plane overshot the runway and "emergency evacuation" was carried out. All the 152 passengers on board are safe and no one suffered injuries, he
A senior Air India official said following the incident, two pilots have been derostered pending investigation.
The spokesperson said the runway operations have resumed after being stopped for some time.
Recommended For You
- Super 30: Hrithik Roshan Is Lost In His Character as He Sells Papad on the Streets of Jaipur
- Champions League: Messi Strikes as Barcelona Earn Draw Against Chelsea
- Queen Elizabeth Makes Surprise Appearance At London Fashion Week
- Champions League: Pogba Gets Mourinho's Backing Ahead of Sevilla Clash
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4 Review: A Complete LED Smart TV For Rs 39,999 in 2018