Air India plane lands with tyre burst at Male airport
GMR said that flight AI263 sustained a tyre burst upon landing at 12:06 pm on Saturday.
Male: An Air India plane carrying 111 people from Thiruvananthapuram to Male narrowly escaped an accident when one of its tyres burst on landing at the airport in the Maldivian capital.
GMR, which operates the Ibrahim Nasir International Airport (INIA) in Male, said that flight AI263 sustained a tyre burst upon landing at 12:06 pm on Saturday.
The aircraft safely taxied to the apron without incident, GMR Media Relations Manager Sowmya Shenoy said.
This is an event that occurs from time to time for a variety of reasons, and the crew were adequately equipped and trained to deal with such incidents, she said.
Other than one burst tyre, there was no damage to the aircraft or the runway. The tyre was replaced and the flight departed, she said.
There were 99 passengers and three infants on board the aircraft, besides 9 crew members.
Currently, work is underway to refurbish the apron of the airport here to meet the international standards as its been outdated.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev
- India's Test Captains Felicitated Before Start of 500th Test
- NASA Denies Changing 2000-Year-Old Zodiac Signs
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test