T'puram: No pilot, AI passengers stuck for hours
The flight that was supposed to reach Calicut at 5 am took off from Thiruvananthapuram at 7 pm.
New Delhi: It was a harrowing Independence Day for the passengers of the Air India Express on Monday. They should have landed at the Calicut airport at 5 am on Monday morning but instead were stranded at the Trivandrum airport for more than 12 hours.
The Air India flight from Sharjah could not land at Calicut because of fog. It landed at Thiruvananthapuram instead. The pilot finished his duty hours and was off the duty roster.
The passengers waited in the parking area since. Air India said that the stranded passengers only had two options, either take a bus to Calicut or wait for the pilot to return.
The flight finally took off around 7 pm towards Calicut after a pilot was brought in from Mumbai.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)