T'puram: No pilot, AI passengers stuck for hours
The flight that was supposed to reach Calicut at 5 am took off from Thiruvananthapuram at 7 pm.
New Delhi: It was a harrowing Independence Day for the passengers of the Air India Express on Monday. They should have landed at the Calicut airport at 5 am on Monday morning but instead were stranded at the Trivandrum airport for more than 12 hours.
The Air India flight from Sharjah could not land at Calicut because of fog. It landed at Thiruvananthapuram instead. The pilot finished his duty hours and was off the duty roster.
The passengers waited in the parking area since. Air India said that the stranded passengers only had two options, either take a bus to Calicut or wait for the pilot to return.
The flight finally took off around 7 pm towards Calicut after a pilot was brought in from Mumbai.
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob