Airdrop essentials in Arunachal district: BJP
Most of the villages in Anjaw dstrict bordering China remain cut off due to natural calamities.
Itanagar: The BJP on Friday demanded that ration supplies be air-dropped in Anjaw dstrict of Arunachal Pradesh with most of the villages in this remote district bordering China remaining cut off due to natural calamities.
"Natural calamities have totally disrupted road transportation since June 24 and the people are facing acute shortage of food and other essential commodities", BJP district president Banim Kri said in a communiqu on Friday.
"It will take another month before communication can be restored in Anjaw," he said.
Kri also claimed that transportation fares and the price of essential commodities have skyrocketed, with rice being sold at Rs 4000 per quintal in Hayuliang and at Rs 6000 per quintal in Hawai and Walong.
The party has demanded that air sorties be started at the earliest, the release added.
Recommended For You
- Team India Report Card: First Test Against Australia in Pune
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Donald Trump for Making Oscars Look Less Racist
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?