Airdrop essentials in Arunachal district: BJP
Most of the villages in Anjaw dstrict bordering China remain cut off due to natural calamities.
Itanagar: The BJP on Friday demanded that ration supplies be air-dropped in Anjaw dstrict of Arunachal Pradesh with most of the villages in this remote district bordering China remaining cut off due to natural calamities.
"Natural calamities have totally disrupted road transportation since June 24 and the people are facing acute shortage of food and other essential commodities", BJP district president Banim Kri said in a communiqu on Friday.
"It will take another month before communication can be restored in Anjaw," he said.
Kri also claimed that transportation fares and the price of essential commodities have skyrocketed, with rice being sold at Rs 4000 per quintal in Hayuliang and at Rs 6000 per quintal in Hawai and Walong.
The party has demanded that air sorties be started at the earliest, the release added.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description
- Uran Terror Alert: Police Release Sketches of 2 Suspects
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18