Airtel adds 2 million users in April
Vodafone signed up 0.82 million mobile users.
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel, India's top mobile phone operator, added 2.01 million mobile users in April, taking its total subscribers in the country to 183.3 million, data from an industry body showed on Friday.
Vodafone's Indian unit, which is the country's No. 3 mobile operator by subscribers, signed up 0.82 million mobile users in April to have a total of 151.3 million, the Cellular Operators Association of India said on its website.
The industry body does not provide subscriber additions data for No. 2 carrier Reliance Communications.
Fourth-ranked Idea Cellular added 1.49 million mobile customers in April to have a total of 114.2 million, while Telenor's India unit boosted its subscriber base by 1.12 million to 43.6 million.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP