Airtel ties up with IRCTC for railway bookings
Airtel has tied up with IRCTC to offer railway bookings through Airtel Money in Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and J&K.
Chandigarh: Bharti Airtel has tied up with Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to offer railway bookings through Airtel Money in Upper North comprising Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir.
"Our integration with IRCTC for reserved ticketing is a step to empower our customers specifically beyond the urban footprint with the convenience of booking tickets without the need of holding a bank account or an Internet connection," Airtel CEO-Upper North Sarang Kanade said in a release here.
IRCTC mobile bookings through airtel Money service works across all mobile devices, does not involve any data or SMS charges. It uses a simple USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) technology that prompts users with interactive and guided menu options towards booking tickets, he said.
Through this service, customers can not only make ticket bookings but also search for stations, trains, availability, PNR enquiry, cancellation etc, he added.
Recommended For You
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone