Airtel ties up with IRCTC for railway bookings
Airtel has tied up with IRCTC to offer railway bookings through Airtel Money in Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and J&K.
Chandigarh: Bharti Airtel has tied up with Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to offer railway bookings through Airtel Money in Upper North comprising Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir.
"Our integration with IRCTC for reserved ticketing is a step to empower our customers specifically beyond the urban footprint with the convenience of booking tickets without the need of holding a bank account or an Internet connection," Airtel CEO-Upper North Sarang Kanade said in a release here.
IRCTC mobile bookings through airtel Money service works across all mobile devices, does not involve any data or SMS charges. It uses a simple USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) technology that prompts users with interactive and guided menu options towards booking tickets, he said.
Through this service, customers can not only make ticket bookings but also search for stations, trains, availability, PNR enquiry, cancellation etc, he added.
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage