DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Airtel users can access Twitter mobile for free
Twitter in association with Airtel is offering free access to Twitter's mobile version.
New Delhi: Taking a cue from Facebook, Twitter in association with Airtel is offering free access to Twitter's mobile version. Airtel customers can enjoy Twitter services on http://mobile.twitter.com without incurring additional data usage charges.
This offer is valid till March 1, 2012. Users will also be able to get Twitter updates via SMS for free. While Twitter usage will be free, opening other links shared by Twitter users will incur normal data usage charges. Airtel will alert users whenever they navigate away from Twitter to a different website.
Facebook, had in May 2010, teamed up with 50 mobile phone operators to offer cellphone users 0.facebook.com, a stripped-down version of the social networking site that can be accessed without incurring data charges.
In July this year Facebook again tied up with mobile service providers to provide users with free data access for the Every Phone Java app for a 90-day period. The 20 service providers that Facebook collaborated with for free data access included four from India - Aircel, Airtel, Idea and Reliance.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi