Ajay Devgn approaches apellate tribunal against YRF
It was alleged that YRF was using its position to ask exhibitors to give more screens to 'JTHJ' instead of 'SOS'.
New Delhi: Following rejection from the Competition Commission of India (CCI) regarding their complaint against Yash Raj Films (YRF), alleging monopolistic practices, Ajay Devgn Films (ADF) has now approached the Competition Apellate Tribunal.
"We are shocked by the rejection of our legitimate case by the CCI. We have approached the appellate tribunal against the order," an Ajay Devgn Films spokesperson said in a statement.
ADF complained to the CCI against YRF alleging malpractice in connection with the clash of the release of the former's 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' (JTHJ), with the latter's 'Son Of Sardaar' (SOS) on Diwali, Nov 13.
It was alleged that YRF was using its dominant position to ask exhibitors to dedicate more screens to JTHJ instead of SOS.
But the case was rejected Monday by the CCI, which stated there is no contravention of the provisions of the act by the alleged agreement between Yash Raj Films Private Limited and its various associated enterprises.
JTHJ is late filmmaker Yash Chopra's last directorial featuring Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma, while SOS stars Ajay Devgn, Sonakshi Sinha and Sanjay Dutt in key roles.
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack
- McLaren Refutes Acquisition Talks With Apple
- Apple iPhone 7 Has the Smallest Profit Margin: Report
- Chinese Firm Threaten to Sack Employees Who Buy iPhone
- Watch: Exclusive Interview With Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Will Pakistan Ever Accept Any Evidence Provided By India on Terror Propagated From Pak Soil?
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?