Ajay Devgn-Kajol to make film on female foeticide
Ajay Devgn and Kajol have associated themselves with the Maharashtra government's campaign against foeticide.
Mumbai: Bollywood star couple Ajay Devgn and Kajol have associated themselves with the Maharashtra government's campaign against female foeticide. Devgn's script for a social awareness film has been approved by the state's health department. Health Minister Suresh Shetty said the department has appreciated the script and it will be the endeavour of the government to make the film available to maximum number of theatres.
"We are strictly implementing laws to prevent child sex determination for which social awareness campaign is also neccessary," Shetty said. He said Devgn is making the film free of cost and the two stars are extending all help to the government in the social awareness campaign.
They are expected to start filming soon. Last week, Shetty wrote to actor-filmmaker Aamir Khan after the first episode of his TV show Satyamev Jayate raised the topic of female foeticide. The minister urged him to join hands with the state government on this issue.
Ajay Devgn and Kajol have associated themselves with the Maharashtra government’s campaign against female foeticide.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua