Ajay Devgn-Kajol to make film on female foeticide
Ajay Devgn and Kajol have associated themselves with the Maharashtra government's campaign against foeticide.
Mumbai: Bollywood star couple Ajay Devgn and Kajol have associated themselves with the Maharashtra government's campaign against female foeticide. Devgn's script for a social awareness film has been approved by the state's health department. Health Minister Suresh Shetty said the department has appreciated the script and it will be the endeavour of the government to make the film available to maximum number of theatres.
"We are strictly implementing laws to prevent child sex determination for which social awareness campaign is also neccessary," Shetty said. He said Devgn is making the film free of cost and the two stars are extending all help to the government in the social awareness campaign.
They are expected to start filming soon. Last week, Shetty wrote to actor-filmmaker Aamir Khan after the first episode of his TV show Satyamev Jayate raised the topic of female foeticide. The minister urged him to join hands with the state government on this issue.
Ajay Devgn and Kajol have associated themselves with the Maharashtra government’s campaign against female foeticide.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson