Ajay Devgn-Kajol to make film on female foeticide
Ajay Devgn and Kajol have associated themselves with the Maharashtra government's campaign against foeticide.
Mumbai: Bollywood star couple Ajay Devgn and Kajol have associated themselves with the Maharashtra government's campaign against female foeticide. Devgn's script for a social awareness film has been approved by the state's health department. Health Minister Suresh Shetty said the department has appreciated the script and it will be the endeavour of the government to make the film available to maximum number of theatres.
"We are strictly implementing laws to prevent child sex determination for which social awareness campaign is also neccessary," Shetty said. He said Devgn is making the film free of cost and the two stars are extending all help to the government in the social awareness campaign.
They are expected to start filming soon. Last week, Shetty wrote to actor-filmmaker Aamir Khan after the first episode of his TV show Satyamev Jayate raised the topic of female foeticide. The minister urged him to join hands with the state government on this issue.
Ajay Devgn and Kajol have associated themselves with the Maharashtra government’s campaign against female foeticide.
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Akhilesh is Not Forming a New Party: Shivpal Yadav's Son
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh