Ajith Kumar to undergo surgery in October
The actor is expected to undergo the surgery on October 21.
Chennai: Owing to few injuries sustained during the shoot of upcoming untitled Tamil thriller, Tamil actor Ajith Kumar announced Saturday that he would undergo a long-pending surgery in October.
"Ajith Kumar will undergo a surgery on Oct 21 and will not contemplate on signing or discussing on any new projects till his complete recovery from the injuries which he sustained during the shoot of his upcoming film," a statement said.
"The reason for the delay of surgery is to accommodate his commitments to veteran producer A.M. Ratnam whose untitled mega project starring many reputed names is on the floors and the difficulty of coordinating all these artistes' dates was considered," the statement added.
The untitled film, which is nearing completion, features Arya, Rana Daggubati, Nayantara, Taapsee Pannu, Kishore, Atul Kulkarni, Mahesh Manjrekar and Suma Ranganath in important roles.
Meanwhile, Ajith will start shooting for another Tamil project, which he is doing in honour of the centenary year of late producer Nagi Reddy, and will go on floors April 1 in Hyderabad.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right