Ajith postpones shoot to support Lankan Tamils
Ajith's untitled Tamil project with director Siva is scheduled to be launched on April 1.
Chennai: Tamil actor Ajith Kumar Wednesday said he has postponed his untitled film's shooting in order to participate in the day-long fast April 2, to be observed by actors from the Tamil film industry against the reported genocide in Sri Lanka.
"Ajith Kumar, with mutual consent of the producer, has decided to postpone the launch and the subsequent shooting of the untitled film to April 5 in order to make himself available for the fast agitation by the south Indian artistes' association April 2," a statement from the actor said.
Ajith's untitled Tamil project with director Siva was scheduled to be launched April 1, followed by regular shooting from April 2.
Following the token fast by Tamil Nadu Film Directors' Association (TANTIS) and Film Employees' Federation of South India (FEFSI) March 19, the South Indian Film Artists Association (SIFAA) will observe a day's fast here April 2.
Stars including Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth and Vijay, who were absent during the earlier fast, are expected to be present this time.
Ajith is also busy wrapping the upcoming Tamil thriller tentatively titled 'Valai'.
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army