Ajmal Kasab's last words: Forgive me Allah!
According to the Yerwada jail official, Ajmal Kasab was very ashamed of his role in the dastardly terror strike.
New Delhi: Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist Ajmal Kasab, who was hanged early on Wednesday morning at Yerwada jail in Pune, had no last wish and left no will. Kasab's last words before he was executed were - Forgive me Allah!
According to the Yerwada jailor, Kasab, the sole surviving terrorist involved in the November 2008 Mumbai attacks, was very ashamed of his role in the dastardly terror strike. The jailor claimed that Kasab asked for forgiveness and said: I swear Allah will not forgive such a mistake. Forgive me Allah!
The Maharashtra Home Ministry on Wednesday confirmed that 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks convict Ajmal Kasab was hanged at 7.30 am at Pune's Yerwada jail. President Pranab Mukherjee had rejected his mercy plea on November 5, and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde signed it on November 7. The order was then signed by the Maharashtra government on November 8, said the Home Minister.
"His execution is a tribute to the victims of 26/11 attacks," said the Home Minister of Maharashtra, RR Patil. Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan told CNN-IBN that Kasab was shifted out of Mumbai's Arthur Road Jail to Pune's Yerwada Jail two days ago, on Monday. Yerwada Jail is meant for convicts and has provision for their execution. The CM admitted that secrecy had been maintained over Kasab's execution as they did not want to compromise the security situation in any way.
Sources said that Kasab was provided all information before the execution and the jail manual was followed. When he was asked for his last wish and whether he had a will, Kasab said no. Yerwada Jail sources said that the High Court had been asked to inform Kasab's family.
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't