Ajmer blast: Aseemanand sent to jail
Court remanded the Ajmer bomb blast accused Aseemanand in judicial custody till Feb 15.
Ajmer: A local court here remanded the Ajmer dargah bomb blast accused Aseemanand in judicial custody till February 15 following which he was sent to Ajmer central jail.
The state ATS produced Aseemanand (59), a right-wing Hindu group Abhinav Bharat member, and another accused Bharat Bhai to the court of Ajmer Judicial Magistrate which sent Aseemand to jail and extended Bharat's judicial custody till February 18.
The ATS said that Bharat Bhai has worked in Dubai and it is suspected that he had financed the blast.
ATS Additional SP Satyendra Singh said that the details were being verified and details of his bank accounts and properties were also accessed.
Bharat was arrested on February 4 from Gujarat in connection with the blast.
A blast took place at the dargah of Khawaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer in 2007 in which three persons died and 15 others were injured.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)