AK Hangal does a cameo in TV show 'Madhubala'
The actor played himself only where he in a way started the real story of the serial.
New Delhi: Veteran actor AK Hangal finally made his much awaited appearance in the TV serial 'Madhubala: Ek Ishq Ek Junoon' on June 1. The actor played himself only where he in a way started the real story of the serial. Hangal, 97, put the name of a new born baby in the serial who is going to be the lead heroine of the show in the coming weeks.
A very fragile Hangal is probably the oldest working actor in the TV and film industry. He is active in the industry since 1967 and has played almost every character from a father to a gardener.
The serial is about an ill-fated woman who joins the film industry in order to support her life. She delivers a baby girl right on the sets of the film she gets a chance to act in. The whole unit helps her during the crisis, and then they call AK Hangal to bless the child. They further request him to give the child a name. The actor doesn't disappoint them either and christens the baby as Madhubala.
'Madhubala' went on air on May 28. It tells the story of a girl who is forced into the world of showbiz. Drashti Dhami plays the title role and the cast also includes Vivian D'sena, Raj Zutshi and Shagufta Ali.
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017: Kalinga Lancers Thrash Dabang Mumbai to Lift Maiden Title
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion