Akali Dal claims clean sweep in Punjab local polls
Akali Dal spokesman said that the alliance has secured clear majority in Amritsar, Bathinda, Kapurthala, Faridkot, Mohali and Patiala zila parishads.
Chandigarh: Punjab's ruling Shiromani Akali Dal-Bharatiya Janata Party combine on Tuesday claimed a "clean sweep" in the zila parishad and block samiti elections. An Akali Dal spokesman said that the combine was winning a clear majority in six of the total 22 zila parishads and 43 out of 146 block samitis.
"The alliance is leading in most of the seats as per the results and trends available till this evening," said Akali Dal spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema. Cheema said that the combine has secured clear majority in Amritsar, Bathinda, Kapurthala, Faridkot, Mohali and Patiala zila parishads.
Counting was still in progress in many of the zila parishad and block samiti seats.
- Akhilesh is Not Forming a New Party: Shivpal Yadav's Son
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor