Akkriti's mother wants school principal to resign
The parents are holding school authority responsible for Akkriti's death.
New Delhi: Death of Modern School student Akkriti Bhatia has angered many parents and has brought all the public schools of Delhi under doubt.
The 17-year-old class XII student died after a severe asthma attack while at school on Monday morning. Her parents accuse the school authorities of death due to negligence.
Akkriti's parents are left heart-broken after their daughter's unfortunate death and are asking for justice.
"I have nothing to do now, my daughter is gone. This is not only for her but also for the other children. The school committee should do justice with me and they should force her (school's principal, Goldy Malhotra) to resign on her own. An enquiry should be done and she should be asked if it would have been her own child, would she have reacted in the same way," says Akkriti's mother.
The condolence meet by the school management was also disrupted by the parents on Thursday. They charged the school management with failing to take adequate steps to save the girl's life.
However, the Principal throughout maintained that the school is not to be held responsible for the death as they tried their best to save Akkriti's life.
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das