Akshay: I have charged half for 'Special Chabbis'
It is reported that the film takes its concept from the real-life daring heist dated back to 1987.
Mumbai: After tasting success with 'Housefull 2', 'Rowdy Rathore' and 'Oh My God' last year, actor Akshay Kumar has decided to charge half his remuneration for his first release this year 'Special Chabbis'.
"I am not worried. I don't have any kind of pressure. For me this film ('Special Chabbis') is very important and this movie can be made in a certain budget. Every film has different budget and different set of audience. Looking at the
audience for this film I have charged half my remuneration for this film in comparison to what I charge for other films," Akshay said.
"I did so because I did not want to put pressure on this film. It is a great product and I am sure people will like it .. I enjoyed it. I am proud to be associated with it," he added.
Directed by Neeraj Pandey of 'A Wednesday' fame, 'Special Chabbis' is a heist drama film, starring Akshay, Kajal Agarwal, Jimmy Shergill, Manoj Bajpayee and Anupam Kher. The movie is set in the early 1980s.
It is reported that the film takes its concept from the real-life daring heist dated back to 1987 where an unknown man posing as a CBI officer executed a daylight income tax raid on the Opera House branch of Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri
in Mumbai, and disappeared with jewellery worth lakhs.
"Its a different story.. Its inspired from a real story. In 1986, there have been quite a few incidents where fake CBI people looted politicians and all. It is a real incident so that is what attracted me to do this film. To do a film on a real incident is a different experience. We all know Neeraj is an asset," the 45-year-old actor said. The film will see Akshay playing the role of a fake CBI officer named Ajay Singh.
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- US Asks Pak to Act Against Terror Groups Who Attack Neighbours
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow