Akshay Kumar hails Padma award for Rajesh Khanna
In a career spanning five decades, he became a superstar like no other with hits like 'Aradhana' and 'Do Raaste'.
Mumbai: Actor Akshay Kumar is delighted that his father-in-law, the late actor Rajesh Khanna, has been posthumously honoured with the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian honour.
"I am really very happy. I am obliged that the government has recognised my father-in-law's work. I am extremely happy," said Akshay, who is married to Rajesh Khanna's elder daughter Twinkle.
The awards were announced Friday.
Rajesh Khanna, fondly known as Kaka, began his career with 'Aakhri Khat' in 1966. In a career spanning five decades, he became a superstar like no other with hits like 'Aradhana', 'Do Raaste', 'Safar' and 'Anand'.
He passed away in July 2012 following prolonged illness. He was 69.
Recommended For You
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System