Akshay Kumar hails Padma award for Rajesh Khanna
In a career spanning five decades, he became a superstar like no other with hits like 'Aradhana' and 'Do Raaste'.
Mumbai: Actor Akshay Kumar is delighted that his father-in-law, the late actor Rajesh Khanna, has been posthumously honoured with the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian honour.
"I am really very happy. I am obliged that the government has recognised my father-in-law's work. I am extremely happy," said Akshay, who is married to Rajesh Khanna's elder daughter Twinkle.
The awards were announced Friday.
Rajesh Khanna, fondly known as Kaka, began his career with 'Aakhri Khat' in 1966. In a career spanning five decades, he became a superstar like no other with hits like 'Aradhana', 'Do Raaste', 'Safar' and 'Anand'.
He passed away in July 2012 following prolonged illness. He was 69.
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Dalit Boy Whose Video Went Viral Says Was Thrashed Because of Good Grades
- Passengers at Patna Railway Station Use Free Wi-Fi to Search Porn Sites
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh