DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Akshay Kumar hails Padma award for Rajesh Khanna
In a career spanning five decades, he became a superstar like no other with hits like 'Aradhana' and 'Do Raaste'.
Mumbai: Actor Akshay Kumar is delighted that his father-in-law, the late actor Rajesh Khanna, has been posthumously honoured with the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian honour.
"I am really very happy. I am obliged that the government has recognised my father-in-law's work. I am extremely happy," said Akshay, who is married to Rajesh Khanna's elder daughter Twinkle.
The awards were announced Friday.
Rajesh Khanna, fondly known as Kaka, began his career with 'Aakhri Khat' in 1966. In a career spanning five decades, he became a superstar like no other with hits like 'Aradhana', 'Do Raaste', 'Safar' and 'Anand'.
He passed away in July 2012 following prolonged illness. He was 69.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player