Akshay's 'Oh My God' suit on auction for charity
The film is an adaptation of Gujarati play 'Kanji Virrudh Kanji', and Akshay Kumar features in it as Lord Krishna.
Mumbai: Bollywood star Akshay Kumar has put one of his suits from the film 'Oh My God' on auction for charity. The proceeds will go to Muktangan schools.
"Someone has rightly said, 'No one has ever become poor by giving'. And taking that thought forward, I'm auctioning one of my suits from 'Oh My God'," tweeted Akshay.
"The proceeds of this will go to Muktangan, who currently needs Rs 15 lakh to cover 60 percent of one of their pre-primary school's annual budget for the academic year 2012-2013. Come join me, spread the word and let's 'Fund the Change'," he added.
Akshay, who was recently blessed with a daughter, has been receiving praises galore for 'Oh My God', which deals with the merchandising of religion in the country.
The film is an adaptation of Paresh Rawal's Gujarati play 'Kanji Virrudh Kanji', and Paresh features in it as an atheist. Akshay plays god in the film.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right