AL Vijay wants Ameer to reconsider decision
Ameer had resigned from the Directors Association as he faced allegation of favoring 'Thaandavam'.
Director Vijay, whose 'Thaandavam' has hit the screens today, came out with a detailed statement on September 27, urging Ameer to reconsider his decision to resign from the post of Directors Association's secretary.
In the statement, he said that the film is hitting the screens with the permission of the court. He also denied the charge that Ameer acted in his favour when an director filed a complaint that he was the original owner of 'Thaandavam' story.
"It is painful to know that Ameer quit as the secretary of Directors Association because of 'Thaandavam'. He never acted in partial manner," the director of 'Madrasapattinam' and 'Deiva Thirumagal' said.
Starring Vikram, Anushka Shetty, Lakshmi Rai, Amy Jackson and Jagapathi Babu in lead roles, 'Thaandavam' is produced by UTV Motion Pictures. The film saw a worldwide release on September 28.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System