Students hold rally for Sukma Collector's safe return
The Naxals in Chhattisgarh have submitted a list of demands for the safe release of Collector Alex Paul Menon.
New Delhi: Students on Sunday held an anti-Maoist rally in Sukma for safe return of District Collector Alex Paul Menon. The anti-Maoist rally was also held in Dantewada.
The Naxals in Chhattisgarh have submitted a list of demands for the safe release of Collector Alex Paul Menon including the cancellation of Operation Greenhunt, and the release of eight jailed cadres.
The Naxals have set a deadline of May 25 for their demands to be met. The Chhattisgarh administration says they will do everything to secure the collector's release.
Meanwhile, security agencies have launched a massive combing operation and are attempting to trace all possible Naxal movement in the area.
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street Journal
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Visitors Banned from Taking Photo, Video of Parliament House Complex