Stones pelted at Anna Hazare's convoy in Nagpur
Stones were pelted at a Scorpio car which was part of the convoy of the anti-corruption crusader in Nagpur.
Nagpur: A few miscreants on Wednesday pelted stones at one of the vehicles in the convoy of anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare.
The veteran Gandhian was holding a rally in Nagpur when the incident occurred.
Stones were pelted at a Scorpio car which was part of the convoy.
Though Hazare's aide Suresh Pathare claimed one of the vehicles of the convoy parked near the stadium was pelted with stones, police denied it.
According to sources in the Police Control Room, after addressing the media at Patrakar Bhawan in Dhantoli, Hazare straightway left for the state Guest House at Civil Lines and not to the venue of the public meeting at Mahal and there was no stone-pelting on his convoy.
The anti-graft crusader went on to address the public meeting in the evening as scheduled.
Earlier on Wednesday, Anna's convoy was also shown black flags by some unidentified youth at a couple of places in the city.
An agitation was also held outside Chitnis Park Stadium at Mahal area where he was supposed to address a public rally in the evening as a part of his ongoing statewide tour. Some youth threw anti-Hazare handbills near Panchsheel Cinema in Ramdaspeth area.
Hazare is on a Maharashtra tour for spreading awareness among people about the need for enacting a strong anti-corruption ombudsman.
(With Additional Inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- Film ReviewMoana Movie Review: This Disney Adventure is Magical and Inspirational
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet