AP: Hampi Express collides with goods train, 2 dead
The accident caused the first two compartments of the train to catch fire. Rescue efforts are still underway.
New Delhi: Hampi Express from Bangalore to Hospet in the wee hours on Tuesday met with an accident with a goods train near Penneconda in Andhra Pradesh.
Five people are confirmed dead, 25 passengers have been reported injured and five are critical. Three bogies of the Hampi Express have been derailed.
The accident caused the first two compartments of the train to catch fire. Rescue efforts are still underway in Penneconda.
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set For High-Stakes Showdown
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together Says PM Modi
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ajit Doval, Jaishankar Attend Indus Waters Treaty Meet Chaired by PM Modi
- UK Police to Probe Pakistan-Born Actor's Anti-India Rant
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- Watch: Gloves Off Ahead Of Sushma's UN Speech
- Sushma Swaraj at UNGA: As it Happened