AP: Fire at Vizag steel plant after explosion
The explosion occurred at the oxygen control unit near the Steel Melting Shop at the plant of Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL).
Hyderabad: A fire broke out at a steel plant in Vizag following an explosion on Wednesday evening. There was an explosion heard just before the fire was witnessed and many are feared dead.
Initial reports say the fire occurred at the melting unit of the steel plant. The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained.
The explosion occurred at the oxygen control unit near the Steel Melting Shop at the plant of Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL), sources at the plant said.
A technical problem at the unit was suspected to be the cause for the mishap. Sources said the explosion could have been caused due to abnormal build up of pressure in the unit.
Around 15 persons were injured in the accident and almost all of them were in a critical condition, sources said.
The injured have been admitted to the Steel Plant's General Hospital.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right