AP: Fire at Vizag steel plant after explosion
The explosion occurred at the oxygen control unit near the Steel Melting Shop at the plant of Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL).
Hyderabad: A fire broke out at a steel plant in Vizag following an explosion on Wednesday evening. There was an explosion heard just before the fire was witnessed and many are feared dead.
Initial reports say the fire occurred at the melting unit of the steel plant. The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained.
The explosion occurred at the oxygen control unit near the Steel Melting Shop at the plant of Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL), sources at the plant said.
A technical problem at the unit was suspected to be the cause for the mishap. Sources said the explosion could have been caused due to abnormal build up of pressure in the unit.
Around 15 persons were injured in the accident and almost all of them were in a critical condition, sources said.
The injured have been admitted to the Steel Plant's General Hospital.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- David Warner Wins Australia's Top Individual Award Again
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Fights Off Gael Monfils to Reach Quarters
- Yamaha R15 v3.0 Revealed, India Launch Likely Later This Year
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More