DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Mumbai rave party: 42 tested positive for drugs
Indian legspinner Rahul Sharma and South Africa's Wayne Parnell have tested positive for taking drugs at a rave party in May.
Mumbai: Out of 44 persons picked up from a rave party in Mumbai on May 20 and put to medical tests, a total of 42 persons have been tested positive for drug abuse, including Indian legspinner Rahul Sharma and South Africa's Wayne Parnell who played in the fifth edition of IPL for Pune Warriors India.
Of the 42 persons, 35 have been tested positive for cannabis, three for cannabis and cocaine, while four others for cannabis and MDMA.
"A three-member committee will be formed to persuade all those who have tested positive to attend de-addiction process. Once they have completed de-addiction process chargers will be dropped against all of them under 64A of NDPS ACT. The committee will consist of a senior police officer, one doctor and member of an NGO," said Mumbai ACP Vishwas Nagre Patil.
All the 44 persons, including the two international cricketers, were arrested from the rave party on May 20 and were released on bonds after undergoing medical tests and their samples sent for medical examination.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs